The rules about what we can do are changing as the Government confirms the next step in the roadmap can take place from Monday 12 April. This will be the biggest lifting of restrictions so far.
While our freedoms increase, it’s vital that we keep up with the things that keep us all safe. You must continue to wear a face covering in enclosed public places like shops (unless you are medically exempt), wash your hands often for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser, and keep 2 metres apart from anyone you don’t live with even when you are socialising. Take up the vaccine when offered and please get a test and self-isolate if you have symptoms.
In brief, from 12 April the rules allow:
- Rule of six or two households meeting outdoors only (unless you are in a support bubble which can meet indoors).
- Reopening of non-essential retail
- Reopening of personal care premises
- Indoor gyms sessions for individuals or households (but not mixed groups)
- Reopening outdoor attractions such as zoos, theme parks or drive in cinemas
- Hospitality venues can provide food and drink outdoors
- You can stay away from home overnight in self-contained accommodation or a hotel with your household
For more information, see www.gov.uk/coronavirus