Cornwall Council’s Community Chest grant scheme for 2021/22 is open for community and voluntary groups in Cornwall to apply for grants. Town and parish councils are eligible to apply for suitable projects. The Community Chest gives small grants to not-for-profit groups across Cornwall. Each Cornwall Councillor has a small grants budget to support projects in their area. Grants can cover a wide range of activities, including:
- Helping vulnerable children or adults
- Helping young people
- Providing facilities for older people
- Supporting community facilities
- Improving a community centre or village hall
- Local environment projects
- Helping to address community safety issues
- Purchasing play and exercise equipment for community use
- Public events, festivals and exhibitions
- Helping communities following the COVID-19 pandemic
To find out how to apply go to https://www.cornwall.gov.uk/…/cornwall-council…/. If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crowdfunding can be a good way to help projects attract wider support and increase the funds they receive. If you are interested in this, visit the https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/funds/cornwall-community-chest for further details of the funds available and how the process works.
If you would like to apply for a grant, please do so as soon as possible. The closing date for completed applications is 18 February 2022.